June 25th, 2010
As part of the fundraising, which this year Benefits the Journey Forward and Celebrities for Charity Foundations, will also offer a raffle. And this is one AMAZING prize:
- Winner and 3 guests will enjoy a foursome for a round of golf at the July 1, 2010 Jason Varitek Celebrity Putt Putt Tournament, where all 18 holes are manned by a Celebrity Host. Confirmed celebrities include Josh Beckett, Mike Lowell, Jonathan Papelbon, Jason Varitek, and Tim Wakefield.
- Winner and their 3 guests will receive VIP credentials to the celebrity reception and buffet prior to the Tournament.
- Winner and their 3 guests will receive a Golfer Gift Bag.
- Winner will receive 2 Golfer parking passes for the VIP Lot
- Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $272.25 to mitigate the Winner’s tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($225.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($47.25)
Raffle tickets are $2 each, with a 5 ticket minimum. So, for as little as $10 you could win the opportunity to play a round of miniature golf with some great local Celebrities and your favorite Boston Red Sox players! But hurry: The raffle deadline is next Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 11:00am EST. You can buy your tickets here…
About Journey Forward: A 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to bettering the lives of those who have suffered a Spinal Cord Injury through an intense exercise program, Journey Forward was founded by Dan Cummings, who after a diving accident was diagnosed a C6 quadriplegic and was told he would never walk again. After attending a
similar program in California, 7 years after his accident, Dan walked out the doors determined to bring the program back to Boston.
About the Celebrities for Charity Foundation: Set up to provide many local charities a way to have celebrities involved in their fundraising efforts, Celebrities for Charity provides celebrity visits to charitable events and autographed memorabilia for charities to use as fundraising tools. Celebrities for Charity has proudly reached the $1,500,000.00 donation mark and looks forward to growing this number.