March 13th, 2010
Starting yesterday, March 12, and running through March 22, 2010, Umps Care, the official charity of Major League Baseball Umpires will be holding their 2nd Annual Online Auction, where you can bid on some amazing items, including the following Red Sox gear:
- Wally the Green Monster’s Guest at Hospital Event & Red Sox Tickets; visit the children’s hospital with UMPS CARE and Wally to help raise spirits, then get tickets to that night’s game at Fenway Park.
- Boston Red Sox Batting Practice and Game Tickets. You and a friend can watch BP from the field at Fenway and then go to your Infield Grandstand seats to watch the game.
- Lunch with an Ump and Boston Red Sox Tickets. Anything you’ve ever wanted to ask an ump, you can while sharing a meal with him! Then you’ll be his guest at the ballgame that night!
- Jim Rice HOF ’09 Autographed Jersey
Other amazing items for bid include:
- A Major League Baseball jersey signed by President Barack Obama
- A pre-concert meet-and-greet with the Black Eyed Peas including floor seating
- Tickets to the 2010 All-Star Game
You can get a complete list of all items here.
Proceeds from this auction support the UMPS CARE Charities youth programs, such as The BLUE Crew Ticket Program which offers the baseball experience with tickets to big league baseball games for children awaiting adoption and at-risk youth in mentoring programs.
Another program is BLUE for Kids, held across the country during the baseball season. Umpires and team mascots offer words of encouragement and Build-A-Bear Workshops to children coping with cancer and other serious illnesses. As part of the workshop, each child chooses from a variety of pre-stuffed animals as well as clothing outfits for their new “furry friend” – including bear-sized baseball team uniforms. More than 4,000 Build-A-Bears have been made by children since the program began.
For more information or to bid on items, go to Umps Care. Winning bidders will be notified after the auction closes on March 22.
Good Luck–and Happy Bidding!