Home
  • Blog Disclosure Policy
  • Contact Us
  • July 30th, 2009

August 27 & 28, 2009, Fenway Park:
    The 8th Annual WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund
    Radio-Telethon

Posted by Christine E. at 8:13 pm in Good Deeds,Red Sox Comments (8)

jimmy-fund-telethon-logoFor the 8th year in a row, beginning Thursday, August 27th. WEEI and NESN will broadcast for 36 hours, to again raise funds for the official charity of the Boston Red Sox, the Jimmy Fund.

Raising just under $17 million in the last 7 years, (with a record $4.8 million being raised in 2008). The Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon has a goal of $5 million this year, bringing their total to $22 million.

Sponsored in part by BNY Mellon Wealth Management (WEEI portion), participate this year. Leary and Clarke will throw out the first pitch at Thursday’s game, while Fallon will throw it on Friday. American Idol Kelly Clarkson will perform during the 7th inning of the game on Friday evening.

Founded in 1948, and the official charity of the Boston Red Sox since 1953, jimmy-fund-logothe Jimmy Fund has supported the fight against cancer at Boston’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, a leading cancer research and care center for adults and children. Unrestricted support from the Jimmy Fund is an integral part of Mission Possible: The Dana-Farber Campaign to Conquer cancer, a $1 billion capital campaign to accelerate cancer research, speed development of life-saving therapies, and expand the Institute’s signature patient- and family-centered care.

From Jimmy Fund Chairman Mike Andrews: We are so thankful for the WEEI and NESN listeners and viewers who have given generously to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and The Jimmy Fund over the past years. We have been able to make so many important advances in cancer care and research, but as you’ll hear during the Radio-Telethon, we still have not achieved our ultimate goal of striking out cancer.”

Gifts can be made online, or by calling (877) 738-1234. You can also use both contact points if you need more information.

8 Responses to “August 27 & 28, 2009, Fenway Park:
    The 8th Annual WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund
    Radio-Telethon”

1. Get Back On Ebay says:

Finally!! I found a cool site with great information. Thanks Guys, I’ve already signed up for your feed….Thanks

2. how to get fans on facebook says:

Many thanks for creating a fair attempt to give an explanation for this. I feel very robust about it and want to nkwo more. If it’s OK, as you to find out more intensive wisdom, could you mind posting extra posts very similar to this one with more tips?

3. Claude Beyers says:

cool web site yo have here

4. urgent payday cash loans says:

Good one. Tons interesting info. I am recommending it to some friends ans also sharing you in facebook. And for sure, thanks for your work!

5. furosemide 40 mg tab says:

Hi there, site owner. I recently found your webblog from bing and start reading some of the other pages. And I want to say – They are great. Please continue your great work. Best regards.

6. Ambulanter PflegeDienst Frankfurt says:

I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

7. Physical Therapy Assistant Salary says:

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

8. the pirate bay says:

As such, it must not be too difficult to invest some time constructing a database of tables such as what is suggested at where they’ve provided a sample database spec for
      usage in a college accommodation reservation application.

Mostly the history of business could control various inventions and technologies.
      We’ll start our tour at Marina Grande on the north shore in the island, about
      one third of the way in from its easternmost point.