September 4th, 2006
Because I am TIRED of talking/writing/complaining about the SAME…DAMN… THINGS…I have 9 more questions:
9. Why wasn’t a MRI performed on Jonathan Papelbon the day after the injury, on Saturday, rather than waiting until Monday? ‘Cause it’s the weekend? Well, Monday is Labor Day–a national holiday. I have no medical training, and there very well may be a valid medical reason–so what is it??
8. Why does the Boston Globe continue to allow Stupid Dan to have a job? Apparently there are people who enjoy his work, although the vast majority of people I have encountered say he is a moron who is only happy when things are horrible. And what about article he wrote about Jon Lester, after his parents asked everyone to respect their privacy? He has the nerve to call Jon Lester’s father, and then, despite being told AGAIN to respect their privacy at this time, QUOTES him in his article… What is WRONG with this man?
7. Why does Theo keep picking up these horrible picthers that no one else wants? Jason Johnson and Kevin Jarvis, are two great examples of this…
6. Why has Mike Timlin turned into such a jerk? A couple of weeks ago he throws the offense under the bus, and they has the unmitigated gall (after giving up bunch of runs and losing us a game) to say he is throwing the ball “exceptionally well”. Why are you being like this?
5. A follow-up to the question above: Why does Tito still let Mike Timlin pitch? He no longer has the stuff…a combination of the WBC, his age, and wear and tear on his arm has made him INEFFECTIVE (which is being kind). To wit: Since August 1, he has pitched 14 innings, and given up 21 H, 11 R/ER, 3 HR, 4 walks and 5 strike outs. And this has resulted in 3 blown saves, 3 loses, 3 holds and 1 save….on what planet do you think this would rate as throwing the ball “exceptionally well”???
4. Why is Coco Crisp still batting lead off? I really REALLY hope that since ‘Tek and Trot are back, Youk will claim his rightful place in the line-up–and bury Coco back in the 8-9 hole where he belongs. Coco is a rally killer, and with an OBP of .313 (as opposed to Youk’s .387) has NO BUSINESS hitting in the lead off spot…and I don’t care that he got 2 hits last night–.that is definitely the exception–not the rule…
3. Why were Jason Varitek and Trot Nixon NOT in the line-up last night? They were activated, they should have passed go, collected their $200.00 and gotten their asses in the lineup…see #2 below…
2. Why is it taking an act of CONGRESS to get a run these days??? The number of runs we have scored for the last 10 games: 1, 1, 2, 6, 2, 1, 0, 3, 3, 0 –for a total of 19 runs…or an average of 1.9 runs PER GAME. What the hell???
1. Is this downward spiral, and dread at reading the papers, in fear that yet another one of the Red Sox are injured/sick/etc.,everEVER going to stop?
Tonight: Julian Tavarez (ugh…) vs Jon Garland, 7:05pm