August 10th, 2006
9. Why are we losing to these horrible, crappy teams? Last night was the 4th loss in a row…to teams WELL under .500. Holy Buckets! KC has a .354 winning percentage, and Tampa Bay? A robust .409…
8. Why did JV have such a horrible time catching Josh Beckett?? I understand his pitches have alot of movement, but hell, he’s NOT Tim Wakefield. And isn’t JV an all-star catcher, who caught for a million years for Atlanta? Although it is interesting to note that Greg Maddux had his own catcher, who was not JV…
7. What IS it with the GIDP? There have been 5 in this series, including THREE by Wily Mo Pena.
6. The game last night, with a final score of 5-4, NOT in extra innings, but was 3 hours and 54 minutes long…Why??? Is time different in Kansas City?
5. Is Theo going to go out and get some help? ‘Cause I think we are at the point where we reallyREALLY need it…Although it IS interesting to note that on July 31 (the trade deadline) we had the 2nd best record in baseball…the
downward spiral had only begun since then with a record of 12-14…
4. Can we make it until Jason Varitek, Tim Wakefield and Trot Nixon get back? and what kind of condition will they be in when they finally do return?
3. What is going on with Jonathon Papelbon? His ERA has skyrocketed from .49 to .94 in the last week, and he has blown his 2nd save in as many games–against the worst teams in baseball (Tampa Bay and Kansas City) and out of 35 chances, has 5 blown saves.
2. Why is Curt Schilling the only starting pitcher that can win anymore? Since Schilling’s win on August 25, there has been 13 games played (our record is 4-9 during this time…) and the only win by a starter? Yep, Curt Schilling on
August 4th. The other 3 wins have come at the hands of Good Kyle, Julian Tavarez (no, that is not a misprint) and Jonathon Papelbon)
1. Curt Schilling vs. Jorge De La Rosa 8:10pm–Do I need even need to say how much we need to win this game???